Income investing gives us a lot of options when the stock market gets rocky. In this episode, I’ll share with you one of the best things about investing for income. That’s the ability to give yourself a raise when markets crash. Yep, when other folks are crying at their dinner parties, we’re giving ourselves a raise!
This Week’s Total Return:
21.55% capital gains + 12.05% income yield.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- All about cost basis, dividend yield, and yield on cost.
- The weird, inverse relationship between share price and dividend yield.
- Exactly how to increase your dividend yield when the share price tanks.
- How to handle a big drop in a value stock or growth stock (that doesn’t pay income) and speed up the time it takes to turn that capital loss into a gain.
- How to handle the disaster that income investors fear even more than a market crash.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Subscribe To & Review the Total Returns Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Total Returns! If the info and ideas have helped you in your financial journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing folks just like you!